No, not those kind of bullets. These are wall-mounted exterior lights –original mid-century, and fitting for an Eichler. We bought them from a neighbor just after we moved in. They’ve been sat in the garage since then, but it’s time to fix them up.
They were in pretty poor shape, all scuffed and scratched. I started by giving them a good scrub, which helped some. Another problem, the color –gold doesn’t fit our scheme at all. So, I masked them up and out came the trusted Rustoleum spray paint.
I applied a coat of primer and a thorough coat of gray protective enamel. I didn’t spray the insides, as I presume it’s coated in heat-resistant paint. Plus it’s in pretty good shape anyhow, and is a nice shade of gray.
They came out way better than we expected. From a short distance, they look like new. We have a spot in mind for this pair –at either end of the back side of the house, flanking our (neglected) back yard. Until then, they’re back in storage.
Edit: we further transformed these babies (we’re so fickle) to better fit our scheme.